- Books: The Secret Power of Middle Children (Penguin, 2011) and Mothers Need Time Outs, Too (McGraw-Hill, 2008), among others. Lead writer. Developed concepts and crafted proposals.
- Freelance: Book doctoring, ghostwriting, coaching and editing on fiction and nonfiction books. Help develop and write book proposals. Work with agents, publishers and authors. Edit M.I.T. ‘think tank’ papers for publication.
- Literary: Historical novel, The House of a Thousand Eyes. Awarded residencies at Virginia Center for the Creative Arts and Norman Mailer Writer’s Colony. Member P.E.N. New England and AWP.
- Teaching: Co-developed syllabus and help run Grub Street’s pilot program for new authors, The Launch Lab. Fiction and nonfiction instructor at GrubStreet and Bay State Prison. Run parenting workshops through Every Day Matters: Open Conversations on Modern Parenting.
- National Public Radio: Full and P/T work producing live public affairs shows at WBUR Boston, WAMU Chicago, WBEZ Washington D.C. and KQED San Francisco.
- KOFY/KTVU, CA: P/T work on local news broadcasts.
- British Satellite Broadcasting, London: Community and retailer liaison. Established and wrote newsletter, devised training plan and produced videos.
- Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising, Paris/ Werbeagentur Beckmann, Munich: Worked on Procter & Gamble and Escada accounts.
Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
MA in Communication (Journalism)
Oxford University, Brasenose College, Oxford, U.K.
BA with honors (French and German)
St. Paul’s Girls’ School, London U.K.
P.S. 8, Brooklyn Heights, NY
Awards: Kogan Media Award; TCAN Short Story Winner; scholarships to Oxford & Stanford; Exhibition Prize and Distinction in Finals (Oxford); Half Blue for Varsity Ice Hockey; British Ice Hockey Championship; rowing blade for summer Eights.
German national, U.S./U.K. Permanent Resident. Born in Germany, raised in NYC and London, live in MA. Fluent French and German.